The Group’s activities will mainly cover the following areas:
- An analysis of compliance of the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan with the requirements of the international law of letters of credit, guarantees, collections and other documentary operations;
- discussion of potential problems in the provision of banking products;
- Investigating the application of international standards in the said area, and making appropriate proposals for changes in regulatory acts by the banking regulators in the country;
- reviewing prospects of establishing and expanding relations with foreign banks;
- Investigating opportunities for large-scale, long-term projects in Azerbaijan through export credit agencies and other foreign financial institutions, exchange of experience with local and foreign banks, discussions on current issues in these areas and making appropriate recommendations.